The Word, Jesus, is why we can celebrate Christmas, so this Christmas help your grandchildren focus on this truth by focusing on the Word, Jesus, and His written Word, the Bible as well with the oneverse project through the Seed Company. As they say, "Today, nearly one-third of the world's language groups representing 340 million people are still waiting for God’s Word in a language that they can understand clearly."
So, what is the oneverse project? Consider the following . . .
- oneverse is a program of The Seed Company which enables you to support local Bible translators as they make God’s message available in the language of their people.
- Through OneVerse, you join a team of prayer and financial partners to make this possible.
- The Seed Company is working directly with over 400 translation projects in countries around the world.
- Wycliffe Bible Translators and its sister organization, SIL International, provide field support, linguistic training, consulting and guidance for many of the Seed Company translation projects.
- Tyndale House Publishers graciously provides the digital text of the New Living Translation (NLT) from which OneVerse participants select their verse for translation.
Remember . . . John 1:1-5, 9-14 -"1 In the beginning the Word already existed. The Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2 He existed in the beginning with God. 3 God created everything through him, and nothing was created except through him. 4 The Word gave life to everything that was created, and his life brought light to everyone. 5 The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness can never extinguish it. 9 The one who is the true light, who gives light to everyone, was coming into the world. 10 He came into the very world he created, but the world didn’t recognize him. 11 He came to his own people, and even they rejected him. 12 But to all who believed him and accepted him, he gave the right to become children of God. 13 They are reborn—not with a physical birth resulting from human passion or plan, but a birth that comes from God. 14 So the Word became human and made his home among us. He was full of unfailing love and faithfulness. And we have seen his glory, the glory of the Father’s one and only Son." (NLT)
This is what Christmas is all about! So this year, let's help our grandchildren focus on the Word and involve them in a project to help get the Word into the waiting hands of people around the world who do not have it in their own languages!