What is this amazing, powerful song, you ask? I'll share it with you. It is my own version of, "You Are My Sunshine", and it goes like this . . .
"You are my sunshine, my little sunshine. You make me happy, all the day. I love you forever and for always. You are my sunshine today!"I sing it softly to them as I snuggle them in my arms and this song does put them to sleep!
I have wondered why this song is so sucessful at getting little boys to settle down and go to sleep and I think it is because of a few things . . .
- I sing softly. They have to settle down to hear me.
- I look them in the eyes when I sing - and they look back at me!
- The words tell them how much I love them - forever and for always!
- The words tell them I treasure them - they are my sunshine and they make me happy all the time.
- They hear, see and feel my love for them when I sing to them.