- God's Word commands grandparents to pass on a heritage of faith - look at Psalm 145:4, Deuteronomy 4:9 and Joel 1:3.
- Grandparents are second only to parents in the potential to influence their grandchildren - most children average 20 hours a year in church; which works out being equal to three days of media exposure. If grandparents spend one weekend with their grandchildren, it equals the time most children are in church all year.
- There are 30 million Christian grandparents in the USA; the average grandparent has four grandchildren . . . grandparents have the potential to reach 120 million children.
- 10 - 20% of children are brought to church by their grandparents.
- Most churches are not intentional about engaging and equipping grandparents.
Thursday, November 17, 2016
Legacy Grandparenting Summit . . . the Most Important Thing You Can Do
I just got home from the first-ever Legacy Grandparenting Summit in Frisco, Texas and am happy to share with you what the speakers in the General Sessions had to say. Larry Fowler spoke on Tuesday night and asked us to consider the following information about children and grandparents . . .
Larry challenged us to understand how important and essential our role is as grandparents and to go out and help our churches understand the incredible potential we grandparents have in reaching our grandchildren for Jesus.
Are you intentional about passing a heritage of faith to your grandchildren? Is your church intentional about engaging grandparents? Help them see and understand the need for intentional Grandparenting Ministry!