Today I'm very, very happy for the opportunity to share with you what Gary Chapman had to tell us about the greatest gift grandparents can give their grandchildren. This message is one every grandparent needs to hear and will absolutely benefit from, because it will make a significant difference in the lives of their grandchildren.
So, what is this, "greatest gift", you wonder? Gary Chapman told us the greatest gift we can give our grandchildren is to model what it looks like to be grandparents who love, care for and support one another. Yes, it is the gift of showing them what it looks like to have a strong, solid marriage. He then shared with us the characteristics of marriages which are thriving in the "second half" . . .
- They keep emotional love in their relationship.
- They learn to apologize and forgive . . . and are sure to model to their grandchildren what it looks like to apologize and give forgiveness.
- They accept things which irritate them and laugh about it.
- They keep adventure in their marriage, do not let their marriage "get in a rut" and they teach along the way!
- They have a deep commitment to God and each other.