1. Because I am a person who loves all the family and friends with whom I’ve been blessed;
2. Because I am committed to passing on a genuine faith to my grandsons;
3. Because I want what I believe . . . God loves the whole world and all the people in it . . . to match with how I talk and live;
4. Because I want joy, compassion and peace to be the “hallmarks” of my life;
5. Because I truly believe prayer is powerful and praying about problems in my life and in the world is a far, far better response than becoming angry and lashing out;
6. Because I believe actions speak far, far more powerfully than words . . . or memes;
1. Post things to my facebook and social media which will brighten the day of those I know and love.
2. Choose words which do not put others down – especially others who may have a different political position/belief than do I.
3. Be intentional about passing on my faith to my grandsons – I will help them understand they truly can show love to others who do not agree with them ,they can treat others with respect, they can care about others and most importantly, they can absolutely trust God to keep them in His hand and do not need to be afraid of this world or the people in it. (God is bigger than anything/anyone in this world.)
4. Pray. Pray. Pray – for my family, friends, neighbors, people in this world I do not know and for government leaders.
5. Model to my grandsons how to talk to God, why they should do this and what to do when God answers their prayers – because He has promised to do so!
6. Show my grandsons what it looks like to do more than voice my opinions when I am unhappy about something by getting involved. By showing true compassion. By showing genuine love. By showing them my actions speak louder than my words and by finding ways to involve them in doing something to make a real positive difference (such as praying for refugees, helping to put together care packages for a local ministry which serves refugees, sharing their books by giving some to the center so refugee children can enjoy them, etc.)